The Perth BIA has received a grant from Digital Main Street to fund a Digital Service Squad to help main street small businesses improve their online capabilities.
As part of Digital Main Street, the Perth BIA received a $10,000 grant to establish a Digital Service Squad to help small businesses in the downtown area enhance their use of digital tools and techniques to better promote and sell online. The squad will see a trained, online specialist visit and assist businesses at no cost.
Be Part of the Enthusiastic Perth BIA Team!
We have an exciting job opening for a Digital Service Squad Member. This is a contract position that must be completed by March 2020. Salary is $8500 and the position offers flexible work hours.
Downtown Perth is currently seeking an enthusiastic, friendly, outgoing qualified candidate for the position of “Digital Service Squad Coordinator”. Digital Main Street is a program that supports the growth of Main St. businesses by making the adoption of digital tools and new technology easy.
As the Digital Service Coordinator, you will be a key contributor to the success of the platform and the growth of our downtown businesses.
The focus of the role is to work one-on-one with main street businesses and provide the following services.
• Possess strong communications skills (written and verbal).
• Possess strong interpersonal and relationship building/relationship management skills.
• Possess excellent organizational and time management skills.
• Have experience in a marketing environment.
• Be able to work independently
• Be familiar with digital technologies for small business (e.g.: web, social media, e-commerce, etc.),
• Be able to use basic software and collaboration tools such as Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
• Previous experience with online and offline marketing is considered a strong asset.
• Previous experience working with small businesses in BIAs is considered an asset.
For more information about the Digital Service Squad contract, please visit https://digitalmainstreet.ca/digital-service-squad-grant/
Please send a cover letter and resume, to BIA Coordinator Kari Clarke at email@example.com by Friday, August 31st at 5 pm.